Good for GREAT PERFORMANCE.
When it comes to “hard” infrastructure, the constructed components that make this county run, Rockingham County is enviably equipped. While many parts of the nation struggle with the need for good roads and clean energy, Rockingham County delivers through:
- Industrial Parks: Rockingham County’s four major industrial settings have been sited and developed for high performance, offering acreage, access and abundant utility capacity, as well as certified sites. An industrial park in each of four cities—the Reidsville Industrial Park, the Stone Industrial Site, the Madison Business Park and the Eden Industrial Park—assure excellent choice in environments of quality for global manufacturing.
- Highways: In addition to bringing enhanced interstate access and speed, the new I-73 connector project has also brought major improvements to secondary roads, insuring smooth and rapid transit throughout the county.
- Rail: Norfolk Southern (NS) Railway runs 48 miles of track across Rockingham County, with 21 miles cleared for double-stack container movement, critical to the NS north-south network and connections to major intermodal hubs.
- Air: While Shiloh Airport, the county’s general aviation airport, stays up to speed, averaging of 66 aircraft operations per day, growth at the nearby Piedmont Triad International, the FedEx Mid Atlantic hub, is creating expanded opportunities for ease of travel and economic growth.
- Utilities: Duke Energy’s Dan River Combined Cycle plant harnesses the power of technology and natural gas in a 620-megawatt plant that has dramatically downsized its carbon footprint. All four of our industrial parks are also served by the Charlotte-based Piedmont Natural Gas.
Another significant utilities advantage is Rockingham County’s abundant supply of water, a powerful natural resource that has remained pristine through careful stewardship that is reflective of the county’s superior “soft” infrastructure—the human capital and institutions—that also keeps our community running strong. Rockingham County’s commitment to quality is unwavering, and the result is continuous improvement and innovation.
The technology in our schools, for example, is excellent: Every 9th through 12th grader in the Rockingham County public system is assigned a laptop, and learns in an environment that supports excellence. At the Rockingham Community College, educational programming is aligned with industry needs, so that each student acquires critical skills, whether it means mastering high-speed multi-axial machining or acquiring brewing knowledge all the way down to the molecular level. We’re preparing a 21st century workforce.
High-powered infrastructure and residents who aim higher: You’re in a good place for great performance in Rockingham.