Good for GREAT WORKFORCE.
When you’re looking to get the job done—to get it done with the best possible quality at the best possible cost—it’s good to look at your options in a state named #1 in the Atlantic region for workforce development by Site Selection magazine, and the #2 state for educational resources by Area Development magazine.
Your connection to comprehensive service: Rockingham County Economic Development is your connection to one of the nation’s most comprehensive workforce development programs. Here, your operation is perfectly positioned to leverage all the advantages of state and local development resources, all strategically aligned through the state’s NC Works services and through the intelligence gathering of the Piedmont Regional Workforce Alliance actively supporting regional industry needs.
Your team, your goals, your success. We support you at every level:
NC Works Services:
- On-The-Job Training—On-site training is a great way to stay on top of the latest needs, and NC Works’ OJT program provides up to 50% reimbursement of the cost.
- Work Experience—There’s nothing more powerful than an experienced worker with a brand new set of skills. The Incumbent Worker Training program provides reimbursement up to 50% of the training cost.
- Pre-Hire Services: Recruitment, screening and assessment—Tap into a network with the expertise and state-of-the-art tools to create a world-class workforce, and move faster to startup with an expanded pool of applicants, managed flow and targeted selection and assessment. In this region large startups like Ashley Furniture have relied on NC Works to get high-performance teams in place in a timely fashion.Rockingham Community College Services (RCC):
- Customized Training for Industry—For qualified industry, this is a powerful and flexible advantage. Coordinating state and local resources, RCC’s customized training starts with a collaborative training plan that is then implemented though RCC trainers or your own reimbursed company trainers. Your operation, your choice.
- Pre-Hire Services—Startups move faster with recruitment, screening, assessment through RCC’s expert assistance.
- Apprenticeships—This time-tested training mode, revitalized for 21st century needs, can strengthen your workforce from the ground up, reducing turnover while targeting and enhancing skills. Training can be done both in the classroom and at the workplace.
- Certifications and credentials—In a global market, “middle skills” are more important than ever before. RCC offers a range of certifications, insuring worker capability and employer confidence.
- Advisory boards—Industry needs are always at the forefront, thanks to active involvement by advisory boards offering expertise, experience and commitment.
- Connection to graduates—RCC keeps skilled workers flowing your way.
Only two hours from Rockingham County, two of North Carolina’s Carnegie R1 research universities, Duke University and North Carolina State University, are fueling innovation across a variety of manufacturing and technical fields. North Carolina’s leading universities are pipelines for talent, innovation and product development, providing critical competitive advantages in:
- R & D
- Recruitment of world-class talent
- Technical assistance for design and manufacturing needs such as patents