A good deal MORE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS.
On the shop floor, on the drawing board, on top of current and future needs: Offering 70 different Associate and Applied Degrees, diplomas and certifications, RCC technical programs add real diversity and depth to our regional workforce. And with special emphasis on technical programs offering multiple tracks toward competencies, RCC is producing outstanding workers ready to perform across multiple sectors of manufacturing and technology, including:
- Electronic Engineering Technology—From basic electricity to solid-state fundamentals to digital concepts and microprocessors, the curriculum is broad and standards are high: Students leave ready to analyze and troubleshoot electrical systems to keep power flowing under any conditions.
- Industrial Systems Technology—Students graduate with floor-ready, enterprise-level knowledge and capability, with multi-craft technical skills and readiness for every task, from testing and troubleshooting to diagnostics and repair.
- Welding Technology—Students develop an industry-standard skill set, including math, blueprint reading and metallurgy, through both classroom and practical applications.
- Computer Integrated Machinery—As global industry integrates higher levels of automation, RCC is responding, preparing students with the innovative, creative and analytical skills to move from concept to production, with a solid background in CAD, CAM and CNC.
- Brewing, Distillation & Fermentation—RCC’s Brewing, Distillation and Fermentation Associate in Science program is the first of its kind in the nation, and RCC is also the first community college to train brewing technicians.
Better quality on the line: RCC has also partnered with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) to become a training and testing center for MSSC Certified Production Technician, insuring entry- to mid-level skilled performance. Like other RCC programs, this program combines expert instruction with online simulations of real-world applications, preparing students with skills in machine shop, continuous quality management, Lean Six manufacturing, and mechanical tasks for technicians. The MSSC program also incorporates and emphasizes cross-functional employability skills such as communications, teamwork, customer awareness, workplace conduct and flexibility.